One of the most delicate lean meats that are ideally baked is the pork chops. It stands out for its juicy, flavorful and tender consistency. Therefore, you need to cook this with really high temperature in quick manner. But how long to bake pork chops in at 400 degrees?
To tell you frankly, there’s no definite answer. There are several factors that would heavily impact on its cooking time. A meat thermometer will guide you efficiently while cooking or baking.
- The precise pork chop thickness
- Pan sear
- The type of pan you use
Here, I will help you find out the answer to your question. So, continue reading throughout the post!
Types of Pork Chops
Due to the playful and creative minds of chefs and food specialists, you could enjoy varied techniques for cooking pork chops. The manner of cooking always depends on the kind of pork chops in front of you. Below are the 3 main kinds of this pork.
- Sirloin chops – This provides tasty flavor and economical touch.
- Blade/ shoulder chops – this is definitely flavorful yet typically contain high fat.
- Loin chops – This could be one of the favorites when you want lean chops of pork. When this pork is overcooked, it can easily become so dry.
How to Bake Pork Chops
Cooking and achieving a perfect look and delightful taste is definitely one good experience to have. In terms of baking pork chops, you will need to prepare different ingredients and cooking tools. The following are some of it:
- Ingredients for seasoning such as peppercorns, juniper berries, and rosemary
- Vegetable oil/ olive oil
- Meat thermometer
- Aluminium foil
- Oven-proof pan
- Paper towels
The Cooking Preparations and Procedures
Aside from preparing the right ingredients, you will need to make sure that you do the right cooking procedure. One of the things that you shouldn’t miss is brining your chosen pork chops. It’s better to do this one day before cooking. Brining properly would make your pork chop more flavorful and had incredible moisture.
Below are some of the key instructions for baking pork chops.
- Turn your oven to 400 degrees.
- Get your pork chops out of the brine. Then, wait one hour before you begin cooking them. Afterwards, leave them aside to achieve room temperature.
- Then season the pork properly. Add pepper, salt, and other ingredients that you may want to add.
- Get a pan, which is large enough for cooking the pork chops. It should also be oven-proof. Bring this to not too high heat or temperature. Then wait until it becomes really hot.
- Fully spread olive oil or cooking oil in a pan. Then, put the pork chops on it.
- Leave your pork chops there for about three to four minutes or until you observe that it’s turning brown. But remember not to flip or move the pork yet.
- Then, after a while, flip it over. Sear its other side.
- Finally, put the pan in your oven to continuously cook the pork chops.
So, How Long to Bake Pork Chops At 400 Degrees?
Baked pork chops are highly reputable when it comes to taste, texture, and consistency. It provides a distinct flavor that makes it popular with pork and meat lovers.
But behind the almost perfect taste sensation that it gives is the fact that it’s not that easy to prepare or cook. You may overcook and turned it to coal if you’re unaware of how long to bake pork chops at 400 degrees.
Several of you will surely be asking how long to bake pork chops most especially at 400 degrees.
To effectively baked pork chops, you should be knowledgeable of its right temperature and the duration of cooking it. The baking duration of pork is dependent on the type of pork chops you use as well as its thickness.
For example, if you have to bake pork chops that are thin, then you will need to put them in the oven for about 8 minutes for it to be ready. On the other hand, if the pork chop is about two inches thick, then you need to leave it in your oven for about 20 minutes. A meat thermometer will be very useful in this.
Always remember that the thicker the pork chops are, the longer it should be kept or put in your over. Also, see to it that you spend similar time when searing the pork.
When you properly cooked the pork chops and you achieved a 400 degree internal temperature, remove them from the pan and then place them aside for about five to eight minutes before serving it.
Tips on Baking Pork Chops
- See to it that you have chosen a pork chop, which is not very dry, and should come out nice.
- To achieve pork chops that are really flavorful, tender and juicy, it should be cooked using really high heat and in a fast manner. The reason is not to overcook the center portion of the pork.
- Before cooking the pork chops, see to it that it is at room temperature.
- Frequently season the pork chop with your chosen seasoning
- Swiftly sear your pork chops in a pan.
- Before you start cooking the pork chops, leave it at rest first.
Pork chops are really one of the favorites and stand out when it comes to taste. But cooking this could be a bit difficult or complex. You will need to mind the temperature and most especially the cooking duration.
If you are lazy or find it too complex to cook the pork chops and prefer a ready-made version, you may like to consider getting boneless pork chops from mychicagostick and delivered to your doorstep wrapped & vacuum sealed.
Hope you now know how long to bake pork chops at 400 degrees and use it to achieve delightfully cooked pork chops.