Every time the summer season sets in, there is nothing as good as celebrating with a great grilled chicken meal. With the George Foreman electric grill, you are not restricted to enjoying grilled chicken even during winter since you can use it indoors. But then, How Long To Cook Chicken On George Foreman Grill? If you are not sure, why don’t we find out together?
Different types of meat have varying cooking times. The best meat to cook on a George Foreman grill is one which is boneless. Since we are focusing mainly on chicken, it takes 4 to 6 minutes for chicken breasts to be ready on a George Foreman grill.
The George Foreman grill is double sided, and so you will not have to wait till you toss your chicken for the other side to get it cooked probably for an extra five minutes. Read on to find out more about the cooking time for chicken on george foreman grill
Cooking Time Duration For Chicken And Other Meats
Always put in mind that chicken breasts take a minimum of 4 minutes and a maximum of 6 minutes to be ready. The ideal temperature for grilling chicken is at 165 degrees.
Make sure that you pre-heat your grill. The hotter the grill, the higher the chances of having your chicken evenly cooked and with awesome grill marks.
Let me share with you the maximum cooking durations for other types of meat just in case you decide to make a change.
- Chicken: 6 minutes
- Pork chops: 8 minutes
- Ham: 5 minutes
- Sausages: 6 minutes
- Shrimp: 4 minutes
- Pork tenderloin: 9 minutes
- Lamb chops: 8 minutes
- Fish steaks and fish fillets which are approximately half an inch long: 3 minutes
- Steak: 7 minutes
Important Steps to Help You Use the George Foreman Grill
Step 1: Place your grill on a working surface that is naturally flat and plug it into an electric socket.
Step 2: Press a switch which is located at the bottom edge of the grill to turn it on. After this, an indicator will light up to show that the grill is already heating up.
Step 3: Open the grill and spray some olive oil on the plates to prevent pieces of food from creating a nasty mess which will be hard to clean.
Step 4: Close the grill and wait for the indicator to turn off.
Step 5: At this point, the grill will be well heated up, and you can now place your chicken pieces to cook. Close the grill and wait for the food to get ready. Do not forget the time required for your chicken or any other food to cook on the George Foreman grill.
Step 6: Once you are sure that your chicken is ready, remove it from the grill and turn off the appliance. Let the grill cool and get it ready for cleaning
A Simple Recipe For Grilled Chicken Breast
Grilled chicken recipe prepared using the George Foreman grill is one very easy meal to prepare. Using boneless and skinless chicken breasts is the most popular method.
This is because it has low-fat content but has a great protein composition. Skinless and boneless chicken breast is ideal for any meal’s main course
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- Plug in your grill to a power source and turn it on. Preheat until the light indicator turns off.
- Season your chicken pieces with olive oil, pepper, and salt as the grill preheats.
- Immediately the light indicator turns off, place your chicken breasts flat on the grill plates.
- Cook your chicken breasts to a maximum of 6 minutes to be sure that they are well cooked.
- Once they are ready, remove the chicken breasts from the grill and let them cool before you serve them. Enjoy your grilled chicken breasts delicacy.
Tips to Ease Cleaning of The George Foreman Grill
- After your meal is ready, make sure that you unplug the appliance. Place some layers of wet paper towel, say three of them and cover the hot plates completely. Close the lid and let the grill stay in that state till you are done with your meal. The wet paper towels aid in making the gunk and sticky pieces to loosen up hence simplifying the cleaning job.
- When you purpose to clean, remove the wet paper towels and wipe clean the metal plates using a fresh wet towel.
- In case the sticky pieces get too stubborn, the George Foreman grill comes with a plastic cleaning tool in its packaging. It comes in handy at this point.
- If you intend to prepare a meal that will certainly cause a nasty mess, you can spray some olive oil on the plates lightly before you start cooking your chicken. This will work to ease cleaning in the long run.
I am certain that you can now confidently answer the question ‘How Long To Cook Chicken On George Foreman Grill?’ With that knowledge, you can easily determine how long you will take to make some grilled chicken breast for your family the next time there will be a family gathering.
The fact that it cooks both sides of the chicken at the same time will make it fast. Do not forget to be mindful of the different cooking times for the food you are cooking. A simple mess on the timing could burn your chicken delicacy.
I hope that this article was helpful to you. If indeed it was, share it with other people who may be interested in knowing how long it takes to cook chicken on George Foreman grill.