Baking mix is a product that contains all the essential stuff(baking powder, flour, salt, sugar, shortening, and dry milk) you use when baking cookies, muffins, pancakes, cupcakes, etc… It is an easy way to get all of the ingredients together without making a complete mess in your kitchen. Many people find the baking mix to be a little intimidating and do not know how to work with it. So, here is a little help for the perfect muffin recipe using a baking mix.
To make muffins with a baking mix you’ll need eggs, milk(or water if the mix already has dry milk in it), baking mix, and sugar if needed.
I’ve prepared different recipes for muffins with baking mix(people usually use Bisquick), so if that’s something you’re interested in, keep on reading this article.
Baking Mix Muffins Recipe
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 2 and a half cups of all-purpose baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar/brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- half a cup frozen or fresh blueberries(you can use mixed berries as well)
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium bowl, put the baking mix along with the sugar (as they are the dry ingredients), mix well and then add the rest of the ingredients except for the blueberries. When all of your ingredients are well mixed, gently add the blueberries and stir in. Be careful with any fruit as it can easily mash in.
- Put muffin cups in muffin tins and generously spray the cups with baking spray or vegetable oil. If you do not have muffin cups, you can simply use a paper baking sheet.
- Pour your muffin batter in the paper baking cups and try to not overfill them.
- If you have any blueberries left, you can put some on the top of your uncooked muffins.
- Bake for 15/20 minutes (or however long it says in the instructions on the box)
- Take your muffins out of the oven and let them cool for at least 10 minutes before taking them off of the baking dish.
- Serve with your favorite toppings
Easy Spinach And Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups of your favorite baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cup of milk/water
- Half a cup of fresh spinach (you can also use frozen but make sure it has been unfrozen before using it)
- Half a cup of any combination of cheese you’d like (mozzarella cheese, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese)
- Half a cup parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- Green onions
- Teaspoon garlic salt/teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, first beat your wet ingredients (egg, milk, and oil), and then add all the others. Fill your paper muffin cups and again, try to not overfill them.
- Bake until golden brown (15-20 minutes).
- Serve them warm along with some cream cheese, Greek yogurt, or feta cheese.
Other Recipes Using Baking Mix
Classic Breakfast Waffles
- 2 cups baking mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- strawberries, and whipped cream as toppings
Mix all your ingredients (dry ingredients first) in a mixing bowl and put a sufficient amount on your waffle iron. Cook each of your waffle for 5 minutes, until golden brown. Put some of your favorite toppings like strawberries, mixed berries, whipped cream, or chocolate pieces. You can do a savory version of these waffles with some cream cheese and bacon.
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1 cup milk(you can use half a cup of sparkling water and half a cup of milk to lighten the mix)
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- teaspoon of sugar
- Start with your dry ingredients first and put them in a mixing bowl and follow with the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk the mixture until you get a smooth consistency
- In a small, pancake-sized pan melt a teaspoon of butter
- When the butter has melted through, put some of the pancake mixture in the pan, and cook it until you’re happy with the color of your pancake. Some like it darker and burned, and some like it more light and fluffy.
- Decorate your pancakes with some strawberries on the side, and butter and maple syrup on the top. Of course, you can pair these pancakes with some of your favorite savory toppings, it doesn’t have to be a sweet recipe.
Homemade All-Purpose Baking Mix
This is a very easy recipe to make because you already have most, if not all of the ingredients at home.
- Teaspoon salt
- Baking powder
Put all the ingredients together and mix them. The shortening should give your final product a granular texture but don’t worry, that is normal. Put your baking mix in an air-tight container and store it in the fridge.
What Can I Add To Store-Bought Muffin Mix
You can freshen up your muffin mix with berries, lemon zest, orange zest, chocolate pieces, buttercream, cream cheese, bacon, etc…
Are Muffins Better With Butter Or Oil
Muffins made with butter taste so much better, and give your baked goods a flaky texture.
How Do I Make My Muffins Rise
The most important thing to do in order for your muffins to rise is to set your oven to the right temperature and let it heat for a while.
Can I Use Olive Oil In My Muffin Recipes
Yes. Olive oil can be a great addition to your muffins, especially with savory and nutty tastes.
Can You Bake With Olive Oil
Yes. There are a lot of things you can bake with olive oil. Some delicious examples are olive oil cake, muffin recipes, cookies, ciabatta bread, focaccia, etc… I recommend trying a tasty and moist olive oil lemon cake.
What To Do With Muffins That Didn’t Turn Out
Make your failed muffins into a successful crumble pie. Simply crumble up your leftover muffins, put some eggs, sugar, a little bit of milk, and put the mixture to bake for 5 minutes. Pair this delicious 5-minute dessert with some vanilla ice cream or fine sugar.