Almonds have nutrients in abundance irrespective of whether you opt to have them raw or cooked. Most people do not like having raw almonds since they have a rather bitter taste. The process of toasting almonds gives them a crunchy and crispy texture. The oil released from the nuts by heat adds an extra flavor which will make them quite appealing.
We recommend either toasting sliced almonds using a toaster oven/regular oven or on a stove top. Both methods are fast and efficient and will only take about 3-5 minutes.
This is why every person interested in cooking should know how to toast sliced almonds. The process of toasting sliced almonds is very simple and will only take a few minutes of your time. The new flavour of the almonds after roasting will make you realize the worth of the time spent preparing the toasted sliced almonds.
Health Benefits of Toasted Almonds
Despite being yummy, almonds have a couple of health benefits which means that you will not only be eating them for their flavor, but also for their input to your body.
Enhances Skin Appearance
Almonds are very rich in vitamin E which is responsible for enhancing smooth and flawless skin. They help in reducing the toxins which are harmful to your skin and often lead to breakouts. This leaves your skin soft and smooth.
There are creams and soaps which have almonds as an ingredient which eases the effort you have to put so that you can benefit from the cosmetic importance of almonds.
For weight watchers, almonds are ideal for you. Almonds are made of mono-saturated fat and have plenty of fiber. This composition will keep you feeling fuller for a longer period of time. This means that your rate of eating will be reduced significantly.
You may be worried that almonds have too many fats, but this should not make you worry. Almonds have fiber in abundance which helps in the prevention of constipation and also aids in getting rid of the fats and toxins from your body. This will help your body to get rid of the extra pounds which cause you discomfort.
Prevention of Cardiac Diseases
A single meal of roasted almond slices per day increases the good cholesterol in your body which is HDL and reduces the bad cholesterol which is LDL within your body.
Almond also has components that are necessary for you to have a healthy heart such as folic acid, protein, monosaturated fats, and potassium. Vitamin E found in almonds contains antioxidants that keep your heart healthy by preventing heart diseases.
Reduces Occurrence of Cancer
The antioxidants in almonds are cancer fighters. The vitamin E that is present in almonds helps to fight cell damage as well as cancer. To support the cancer-fighting process, almonds are rich in minerals such as manganese, potassium, chromium, manganese, and copper.
Almonds aid in minimizing the damaging effects caused by inflammation within the human body since they are capable of anti-inflammatory action.
Aids In Protein Build Up
Almonds are very rich in proteins. In every 1 ounce serving, there is a total of six pounds of protein content. Proteins are bodybuilding foods that will help in the buildup of muscles within your body.
Longer And Healthier Life
With all the health benefits of almonds, you are certain that your life will be prolonged and you are destined towards living a long and healthy life. You will be less prone to suffering from most chronic diseases such as cancer, thanks to the almonds.
How to Toast Sliced Almonds
Toasting sliced almonds in a toaster oven without any oil works for me. I find this to be the fastest and easiest way to get my toasted almond slices fast enough. The only thing you are required to know about this procedure is that you should be very cautious. This is because once the almond slices turn golden brown, they can easily get burnt.
Using A Regular Oven
- Sliced almonds, about a full cup
- First, preheat the oven to 1800 Celsius.
- Have a on which you will spread your almonds. Let them form a single layer. A rimmed baking sheet will prevent the sliced almonds to spill over the edges and got burnt in the oven Avoid toasting more than 1 cup of almonds at a time to prevent overlapping on the pan
- Let your almonds bake for approximately 3-5 minutes at most
- Check out your almonds and shake the cooking pan to stir the almonds until they turn golden brown. Be cautious to make sure that they do not burn.
- After they cool down completely, put them in an airtight container. In this state, they can last up to two weeks while in good condition. Storing them for a longer period of time will cause compromise on their texture and flavor.
- You can now consume your almonds. Almonds are quite versatile in their use since you can use them on desserts, pizza and salads, bread, and muffin batters. You can as well use it as a quick snack. To add to its flavor, you can add salt to taste
Toasting On A Stove Top
- Sliced almonds
- Pour out your almonds into the saucepan and spread them out until they form a single and even layer
- Frequently stir the pan after about 30 seconds. This aids in preventing the burning of the almonds and also in ensuring that they cook evenly
- This is a very simple method, and so the almonds will be ready within a short period of time, perhaps five minutes at most and at least three minutes. Once they are ready, remove them from the heat before their edges start browning to prevent them from getting burnt
- Place the toasted almonds on another plate for them to cool
- Your almonds will be ready for consumption. You can use it as a quick snack or use it in bread, muffin and desserts.
Almonds have a lot of health benefits in our bodies, and that is why we should consume them moderately. As always, too much of something is always dangerous, and the same applies to consuming too many almonds. To get the best out of your almonds, you need to know how to toast sliced almonds.
Fortunately enough for you, this article has outlined how you can go about toasting your sliced almonds. It is now upon you to carefully read and follow the guidelines described in this article so that you can enjoy your sliced almond delicacy with your friends, relatives, and family.