There is no better way to start the day than with the delicious smell of blueberry muffins for breakfast. It’s one of the easiest baked goods to make and requires very few, basic ingredients. You can make them either sweet or savory.
If you were wondering where to find the perfect recipe for baking muffins, then you came to the right place. Today we’re talking about how to make muffins from scratch and suggesting a couple of muffin recipes.
If this is something you’re interested in, then keep stick with us till the end of the article.
How To Make Muffins From Scratch
A Basic Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (2 and a half if you don’t want them too sweet.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A muffin tin (optional, you can use paper muffin cups and a baking tray)
- Paper muffin cups
- Electric mixer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all of your dry ingredients(flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder) together, and then proceed to put the wet ones(egg, butter, and milk)
- Mix well with an electric mixer or a whisk
- Put your muffin cups in the muffin tray
- Fill the muffin cups halfway with the muffin batter, and put them to bake for around 15 minutes.
- Enjoy your muffins with a delicious cup of coffee.
Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients, and again, blend in the wet ingredients.
- The muffin batter should be lumpy and not smooth.
- In a muffin tin lined with paper muffin cups to be full halfway, add the mixture and put it to bake.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Chocolate Lava Muffins
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 100 grams sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- I cup flour
- 115 grams butter
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut chocolate into pieces and put half of the chunks in a medium bowl. Save the rest for later.
- Add butter in the bowl with the chocolate and microwave until smooth. Pauze the microwave a couple of times to mix the chocolate.
- In another bowl add the dry ingredients
- Add beaten eggs with chocolate and butter mixture
- Put the dry ingredients in the chocolate mixture and slowly start folding the batter.
- Lastly, add the rest of the chunks of chocolate.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Top off your warm chewy muffin with some powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream on the side.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup milk( you can use buttermilk as well)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries(or frozen blueberries, but make sure you unfreeze them first)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar. Mix until you have a soft and creamy consistency.
- Add the 2 eggs (that have already been beaten) and the blueberries to the butter mixture.
- Finally, add your flour mixture and gently fold the batter(if you mix it with an electrical mixer the blueberries will get mixed and smashed)
- Put the muffin batter in your prepared muffin cups, sprinkle the brown sugar on top of them, and put them to bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- After they’re done baking, take out your muffins and put them on a cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Top them off with a generous amount of whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles.
- Always put your muffins in an already preheated oven. If you don’t do this, your muffins will most likely be soggy and flat.
- Fill your muffin cups only halfway, that way your muffins will be able to rise more.
- If you want to make sure that your muffins have been baked from the inside, take a toothpick and put it through one of the warm muffins. If the toothpick comes off dry then your baked goods have been cooked.
- To add freshness to your muffin recipes, add a little lemon zest or fresh lemon juice into the batter. A little makes a lot of difference.
- If you can’t finish all of your muffins in one night, wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge. They can last for 3 or 4 days.
Basic Breakfast Egg Muffins
These muffins are low-carb, savory, and very quick and easy to make. This must be one of my favorite muffin recipes ever. If you always have busy mornings as I do then this is the perfect to-go breakfast. You can make it your own and add any ingredients you want, vegetables, cheese, mushrooms, ham, etc…
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes(or diced regular tomato)
- Dried oregano
- 1/4 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt, and oregano
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Butter muffin cups
- Fill your muffin cups(3/4) with the batter and top off with some leftover cheddar cheese.\
- Bake in a preheated oven for half-hour.
- Serve these delicious muffins with some sour cream, cream cheese, and some freshly chopped dill.
Related Questions And Other FAQs
How Do You Make Muffins From Scratch
A basic muffin recipe is usually made with flour, butter, sugar, milk, and eggs.
What Is The Secret To Making Muffins Moist
The secret to moist muffins is to always preheat your oven to the right temperature. Also, don’t overcook your muffins, and use butter to make them soft and flaky.
What Is The Most Popular Muffin
The most popular muffin is hands-down the blueberry muffin. Other popular types of muffins are banana muffins and chocolate muffins.
Do You Need Baking Powder For Baking Muffins
Yes. You should always put baking powder or baking soda in this type of pastry.
How Can I Make My Muffins Lighter And Fluffy
Ond way is to use butter in your muffin recipe, but the most important thing is to always add at least one teaspoon of baking powder to your batter. Baking powder helps your muffins to rise, giving them a fluffy texture.
Is Baking Soda Or Baking Powder Better For Muffins
Baking powder works the best when you’re making cookies, muffins, and other sweets. But, if you do not have baking powder in your home, you can substitute it with baking soda. You can see that baking powder is popular in so many baking recipes.
What Temperature Is The Best For Baking Muffins
350 or 400 degrees Fahrenheit is usually the ideal temperature for baking muffins.